View Single Post
Old 17-05-2008, 17:32   #6
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rogue dialler on braodband

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger View Post
HI

Can a rogue dialler come though a broadband connection and the premium rate calls appear on you phonebill? I have virgin media services and have never had dial up or a seperate modem to the one supplied by virgin. I have been charged for premium rate calls on my bill. they were made when there was no one in house as on holiday so the pc wasnt even switched on. Any help would be appreciated. My understanding is your pc needs to be switched on and it is likely to affect you if you have dial up

thanks
Diallers do need the PC to be switched on, and they also don't work via Broadband. Virgin don't currently offer a voip option via broadband, so it is impossible for your broadband connection to make any calls that would appear on your phone bill.

You need to report this to customer services, as it sounds like someone else has been making premium rate phone calls on your line.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote