View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 21:57   #20
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Free Satalite Tv By Bbc And Itv To Launch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygrif View Post
How do you find the upscaling? Is it better on SD channels than letting the TV do it? To be honest, this was the real issue for me in getting an LCD panel - as the SD TV quality is so poor compared to my lovely big Sony CRT.

IMO, using my equipment (now 17 month old Samsung R7 HD Ready TV), & my eyes... Yes, the Sky HD box does a *very* good job of upscaling SD channels.

Looks better using my Sky HD over HDMI with upscaling enabled, than letting the TV handle it, & certainly much better than using my old Sky box hooked up via RGB SCART. Also much better than the built-in Freeview's PQ.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote