View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 13:10   #25
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: More VM Jobs could be lost to the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Poorly paid compared to our wages, which is why companies like VM use them. It's probably decent pay in their own country.
That doesn't mean they've got a good standard of living, or that there aren't better paid jobs again. From speaking to a trainer who was sent over to Pune to train agents, what he described was that the majority were switched-on, bright and intelligent people. However, the best agents wouldn't hang around for long and get better paying jobs elsewhere. That age-old issue where underpaid (For their ability) workers move on.

Quote:
But they are taking away the jobs of people like yourself, whilst UK customers tend not to like dealing with them.
They're not the ones taking away jobs from people, they are taking a job that is offered to them because why wouldn't you take (what you just claimed was) a well-paying job? They're not to blame for taking the job, VM are the ones to blame for moving the job.

Quote:
The salient point of creating this thread was to show that slowly but surely they are taking away more and more UK based VM jobs.
And that's where your issue lies - you're seeing it as "dey took ar jaaaaabs" when really they are just playing the hand they are dealt.

Quote:
I doubt that there are many VM employees who are as enthusiastic about them, they probably have the poem 'And Then They Came For Me' in their mind.
I used to work for VM, I have had my fair share of run-ins with useless offshore agents, I wouldn't call myself "enthusiastic" at all. I just don't blame them individually for the failings of the company that employs them.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote