View Single Post
Old 30-10-2017, 11:50   #17
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Would you allow Amazon access to your empty home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Or under the flower pot with a notice saying Key under Flower Pot.
My favourite experience was when Tesco delivered something to my house. They left it cunningly concealed under my door mat. The problem is it was an upright vacuum cleaner.

Would I let any courier in to my house? No. EU National or not, you don't know what kind of vetting they've been through. Probably little vetting, especially if they are casual labour. Also, if something were stolen, the first thing the insurance company would ask would probably be "Why are you letting strangers into your house when no one is there?". Shortly before they deny the insurance claim because you let strangers into an unattended house.

Sorry, but I'd far rather they leave the order with a neighbour, or if it's not too valuable, leave it on my doorstep. It would be expensive to implement, but surely a better idea would be for Amazon to provide a secure box that the homeowner can get securely mounted out the front of their house, and the Amazon courier could leave any deliveries in that?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote