View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 17:31   #5
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Mobile - end of Contract

Just a small update.

I rang 789 to find out what my options were, in more detail, and they are:

Continue with my 300+300 tariff, using the existing phone, and the price goes down to £20 a month.

Continue with the 300+300 tariff, but continue paying £25 a month. This includes another 'free' phone.

Stop the account but continue using the phone without a tariff, and get charged 'standard' rates for calls and texts.

Stop the account and convert to PAYG.

Stop the account and switch to the VM exclusive £10 for 100+100 deal which replaces the current 300+300 deal on Monday.

The last 2 options are the ones we're looking at (we're quite happy to stay with Virgin), and we're leaning towards the 100+100 tariff which is still more than my wife manages to use in a month! We will be able to keep the same number, even if we get sent a new SIM card (we just have to ask for it).

The customer service rep was very helpful and I received a confirmation of cancellation, by text, almost right away.

A sales rep is going to call me next week to find out what we want to do and how they can help us do it.
buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote