View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 01:52   #651
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin TV (What's on soon)

They are situation comedies. Real life situations but most often a little bit OTT. Little Britian was hardly accurate to real life for a start.

I do enjoy most of those shows. Whatever Trollied is it must be doing something right to have got to 4 series and to have some of the cast that it has. I noticed one of the cast is a wee kid comedian that was on Britain's got Talent last year I think it was.

I think with sitcoms wether accurate or a bit OTT people can relate to them because of their everyday situations. eg Men behaving badly, Friends. 2point4 children. Birds of a Feather/

Blackadder and Derek are also hardly accurate to real life. Sitcoms most often take real situations and make them a bit OTT, its where a lot of the comedy comes from.