View Single Post
Old 13-05-2008, 02:13   #10
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Virgin Media for Pubs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losttheplot View Post
Sky won't let you show the games in a commercial premises without extracting a good wedge from you. If Virgin do do commercial premises, then they will have to charge you Sky's commercial rates for the channels.
with Sky you have to get a special licence which i red somewhere costs £400 p/w a pub in the UK brought a subscription to Sky from an overseas retailer on the internet & got sued by Sky for doing so. Sky have a channel for pubs called The Pub Channel. i used to live next to a pub & they had NTL so you can get it but i dont know anymore info about it sorry.

---------- Post added at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbi View Post
Lets just say when it comes to football, I have some ideas and prizes planned.

Just wanted to get the Footie in there for the peeps to watch. Its a shame its expensive, but if we got somewhere that pulled profit of a margin in which we could have all the cake and eat it, we'd get the Sports channels.

At the moment, though, I think that remains the last Priority. Two and a half grand is a lot of money to lose a month... so Id have to make sure we pulled in the heads to pay for the demand.

I suppose the only thing to look forward to is the next round of bidding wars for the rights.

You never know, Sky might lost most or all the rights, and then I'd be in a sticky situation trying to find a new deal.
? why dont you buy a subscription to a European satellite tv operator ? although officially you cant subscribe to them official cards can be brought on the internet & as your not living in their country they cant fine or charge you more for being a pub. also it'l cost alot less then Sky or VM would charge you Premiere Sport 1 & Premiere Sport 2 are examples. if you want English commentary Arab or African channels are the ones to go for. there are also some FTA sports channels: Dubai Sports Channel, NASN Europe, Al Jazeera Sports, Al Jazeera Sports 2, NBA Action, NBA TV, Fox Sports Africa, Gear One, Xleague.tv, Audi Channel, The Fight Network, Eurosport & Eurosport 2. have a look here for whats out there & on what satellites they are on: http://en.kingofsat.net/
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote