View Single Post
Old 16-05-2010, 21:28   #69
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold
Re: Just got 50mb Broadband - Signal levels ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
There'll usually be an upstream reason (like congestion or impairment) for web pages to take a long time to load. Poor upstream also screws downstream because Acks and the like can't get through.

T3s are more usually caused by upstream issues.
Thanks, it has been my upstream that has been the issue since I moved here. I am thinking that a complete cable rewire is in order. I think they are trying to break my will in terms of complaining. I mean it is not as if I EVER miss a bill. I also on the VIP package, so paying top dollar. Even when they offer me credits, I tell them I do not want it but just my speeds sorted! Yet I am almost force fed it in order to get me off the line by the Indian call centres.

Surely it can't be much to ask for consitent speeds. It is work ing fine as I type, but earlier on I was struggling to get over 2.5. The cable guy who tested my connection said I do have an upstream issue as without the HDU unit I am getting 56, with I am getting 51.25.

I am posting here to get help on how to push this on further. I will give the tech his due, he did everything I asked. But the trouble is it is impossible to show him in the evenings when my connection goes to crap. I did take a load of pictures as proof. There was defo an issue with the router, as my upload is spot on. Just my speeds crap out all the time, I am averaging about 3.5 most of the time, which is not acceptable.

Sepiroth, what do I need to do to convince them to rewire the house?
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote