View Single Post
Old 27-03-2012, 10:28   #9
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: BBC threaten iPlayer repeat fees

Iplayer views do not count as part of official BARB figures but the BBC monitors the stats internally and has a pretty good idea of how valuable the iplayer is for extending the reach of its programmes.

I suspect what they are talking about here is putting up their entire back-catalogue and charging for access to it, rather than charging people for the 7-day catch-up. In which case, I don't see the difference between buying acces to content on the iplayer and buying access via a DVD. We have a modest DVD collection but with the exception of the kids' stuff the discs rarely get played more than once. I think I would prefer to pay one lower price to watch something once and not bother having to keep a copy of it on the shelf.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote