Thread: No programme
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 13:20   #9
dontpannic
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Pack (20MEG!!) Free to air Digital Satellite Freeview
dontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to dontpannic
Re: No programme

It is technically handling stolen goods when purchasing VM equipment from eBay.
When the box you had stopped working just call faults and they'll swap the box out for free.

The reason it isn't booting properly is that its probably looking for the frequency of another part of the network, not the one you're in. However, the card would not be paired to the reciever so you'd only recieve a few channels of your subscription. I inherited a Pace reciever from someone down the road who moved in to the property and had a VM box left over. I plugged it in at home and it fired up, however the card had been deactivated so I could only recieve things like BBC1/2 ITV, Ch4 etc. When an engineer was passing I asked him if he wanted to take it back, but he said he'd have no way of booking it into the system and his bosses would ask where it came from, so he said best thing to do is just dump it, so I did.
dontpannic is offline   Reply With Quote