View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 10:09   #1
tycho
Inactive

tycho is an unknown quantity at this point
Permanent Number Withhold - not available?

Hi,

I have recently transferred my Phone from BT to virgin. On BT my number was automatically witheld on outgoing calls, and I know Virgin also have this service as it shows on the website in 'call features' as 'Permanent Number Withhold'

Howeve When I phoned to get this put on my line, the Indian call centre told me this is 'not compatible with my line?' and as such I cant have this added.

Anyone know why this is, or who I need to call to get it added? I dont understand how this can not be compatible when BT have been providing me the service for years, and VM's website clearly shows that they provide it too?

This might sound a bit petty, but my partner has a big issue with this, to the point that she is actually telling me to move the phone back to BT - I dont want to do this as I have just consolidated everything to VM (was previously on VM BB, Sky TV & BT phone) and got a good deal on all 3, however the saving isnt going to be worth the ongoing grief I'll get if I cant have the number withhold added!!

If anyone could advise/assist it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
tycho is offline   Reply With Quote