View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 14:01   #171
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch View Post
I just posted this quick guide for Windows users over at Tivocommunity, here it is in case any of you don't hang out there also:

Install Python 2.7.2 from here. This installed to C:\Python27

I then had to fanny about with the .py scripts because it seems python changes it's syntax rules on a regular basis and most of the scripts wouldn't run without removing print statements and getting rid of some commenting. Here are the already-edited versions, just extract to C:\Python27: linky

Use Notepad++ or similar to add your TiVo and PC IP addresses into mdns-tivo-forgery.py, I've labelled where you need to put them. Also add the TSN. Save the changes.

Not sure if this step is needed, probably not - edit remote1.py and remote2.py substituting the TiVo IP with your own and entering your MAK.

Now just double click mdns-tivo-forgery.py in your C:\Python27 directory, if you see "Running mDNS daemon" you're probably good to go.

All creds to arantius for the script and foddy for realising it could be used for something cool.
Thanks for the edited versions of the .PY files

I'm still having very little luck though. Is the TiVo ip the same as my local ip or does it have it's own?

At the minute when I run the mdns file nothing happens.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote