View Single Post
Old 26-07-2017, 12:46   #15
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
"New" cars, not "old" cars, so when will they start the purge on existing petrol and diesel vehicles, i.e. taxing them more and more?
Again I think this will be a problem that largely takes care of itself. I would be surprised if, by 2030, there are still anything other than a small number of new cars being sold with petrol engines. I think that by 2040 not only will we have seen the end of petrol based engines in consumer cars but that the transition to electric cars on the roads will have largely taken place. You can then use the tax system to weed out the minority of bangers still chugging along - that's if a lack of petrol stations hasn't forced the issue for them already.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote