View Single Post
Old 13-06-2017, 19:13   #1557
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well virgin need to get some subscription based UHD
That's right, but the big question is whether we can get a deal with Sky and BT. There are other options VM can look at to provide us with more UHD material, but of course the hold those two companies have over film and sports rights mean that what we may secure in terms of UHD programming may not be exactly what we expected without such a deal.

My hope, given the reluctance (particularly by Sky, but understandably emulated by BT so they can compete) is that Netflix or Discovery enter into the bidding process for Premier League football and either Netflix or Amazon wrest the contracts with the film studios away from Sky. What that will do to prices, I don't know, but at the very least, Sky, Virgin and BT viewers would have the same access, and all in UHD.

I am afraid that all these contracts still have a few years to run, but hopefully we can ultimately look forward to fairer distribution arrangements in the UK as a result.