View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:23   #22
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future
Re: Guardian: "Sky Atlantic won't be on Virgin Media soon, says BSkyB boss"

I wasn't aware BARB have even released any viewing figures yet so we'll see next week.

According to Sky's last annual statement only about 6% of their income is derived from advertising and sponsorship but this should increase with the newly acquired channels. Nevertheless that equates to a healthy 15% share of all advertising though.

Sky Atlantic will probably not get anywhere near the overall viewing figures of Channel One but it will probably generate far more income overall but I would guess that's the idea.

Having had a look at Sky's stunning last quarterly results I would have to disagree with an earlier poster that they have misjudged the British viewing public just yet. But there's one thing we can all be certain of, if they have they will do something about it and unlike others much sooner rather than later too.

The paper reviews seem mixed on Atlantic but thats not a great surprise. It's not for me but I think it's fit's in nicely with Sky's overall offer. Let's also remember that 2/3 of the people polled on this very forum hoped VM will get Atlantic too if that means anything.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiec21 View Post
If the figures are this low now, after the vast promotion of the last few weeks, I can see them moving it to the Premium movie package by the end of the year to cover costs.
There is absolutely nothing in any statement from BSkyB to suggest that will be the case. It will be part of the Variety Pack from August.