View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 14:53   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Jus got a call from virgin media

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
I also have received these calls and have been asked to give passwords over the phone - an absolute nonsense especially considering i don't have a password on the account.

Really bad practice from VM if it was genuinely VM.
Usually when setting up your account over the phone you are asked for a Customer Verification Question which is listed on the first screen we see, many people forget about that question and I would love a pound for every person who says what you posted above as most remember it when asked or we clear DPA in other ways.

The are other ways to clear DPA, such as how do you pay for your services and which bank, your date of birth even what services do you have.

Your bank will ask for certain letters from your password as well if you ring them or they ring you, Santander and Nat West do every time I speak to them.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote