View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011, 18:42   #11
Kizza
Inactive

Kizza is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ugly exterior cable installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Well to be honest it's not really Virgin's fault. You can't expect them to have all different colours of cable for different houses. From what I understand it's the black cable that us the most UV resistant. They actually use white cable inside your property. If it was going to cause any problems with the appearance of the building, then you should have brought up these concerns with Virgin. After all they don't have a crystal ball either.

It's just the same as I'm in the bed trade, and if someone has a very narrow staircase with a low ceiling, and they want to buy a superking size mattress, then they need to ask us if it is likely to be a problem. After all we don't know anything about their house.
I'm not demanding cables in all the colours of the rainbow

Just white as well as black.

Besides, like I said: I didn't realise the whole building would be wired. I thought they'd just extend the fibre optic to a box in our front garden, and then anyone subscribing would be wired up thereafter.

I'm a customer, not an expert, so it would've been nice if Virgin had discussed these matters with me and fully explained what installation involves.

Virgin Media should anticipate these problems because it is their business.

My friend installs sliding doors and one of his customers wanted a grey one. My friend looked at the block and saw that all the other doors and windows were white and advised the customer to check the covenants of the building. Turned out, all the doors had to be white.

So my friend, using his expertise, advised the customer, and the correct solution was arrived at.

According to your logic, if my mate worked for Virgin Doors, or whatever, he could've just stuck in the grey doors and if the customer complained, said: "I don't have a crystal ball.. paint it white" lol.

It's their business to anticipate these things!!!!!!!!!!!!