View Single Post
Old 21-10-2017, 15:19   #3113
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
@ jj20x, been told that TS 44 is not present in the Manchester area, don't know if that info is of any use to you!
No use at all as it isn't correct. TS ID 44 is a national transport stream, available on all of VMs regional networks. Assuming that you were actually told that the test services aren't present on TS ID 44 in the Manchester areas, that would be correct. As I said previously, NIT analysis shows that only one of the test services has currently been added to the NIT and only on 4 internal VM networks.

I received updated scan data this morning but it raises even more questions and no answers, so I'll borrow a DNP order from MB until I get the next scan update.

Quote:
Also, despite being in HD, BBC Wales still get their local news in SD!! Someone working in the industry has said that this is due to be remedied in the first quarter of 2019; a further setback to my calculations/theory
Upscaled SD, yes. It wouldn't really be prudent to upgrade the old news studio when they are about to relocate to new premises.

Quote:
How do VM treat the BBC1 HD Nations on the EPG? Have they swapped them with the SD variants to make them more accessible to viewers?
Same as the English version, with no EPG swap.

Last edited by jj20x; 21-10-2017 at 15:24.