View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 13:11   #1264
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Such experiences are very subjective though. People become very nostalgic for the past and it helps they would have been younger then too. How much of that 'life was better' is more to do with the way society has changed in general rather than specific EU policies?

Because even after Brexit life won't go back to how it was. You'll still have jobs being lost to new technologies, culture will continue to change and we'll still be competing with the Asian economies. It's like those who think there will be a renaissance in British manufacturing. It's hard to see how we'll make that competitive with low-wage economies as the same pressures will still apply.
I do not think it is anything to do with feeling nostalgic. Back in the 70's, walking out of one job on Friday, in to another Monday, I am told was so easy. Not so easy these days.

Getting on the property ladder, was easy and more affordable back in the 70's, now it is not so much because there is a chronic housing shortage, which in turn is pushing up prices to ridiculous levels, because of our stupid open door, 'let them all in', policy.

Local services are over stretched. Schools over stretched because where we was suppose to keep only 10,000's coming in, we're still allowing 100,000's come in.

To me, it's not about how I want life to go back to how it was, I just don't want our country being connected or grouped with corrupted establishments and other corrupt governments that we have allowed to join the EU bloc and that is essentially the main reason I voted out. I think Ramrod said a while ago, it's not just all about 'money', for the reason for leaving.