View Single Post
Old 14-04-2015, 10:04   #1569
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I would be interested MM, to know whether you support the Sky/HBO excusive deal?

You appear to pretty much always post on the side of corporate profits as opposed to a fairer, wider access perspective.

Is maximising profits, in your view, the paramount and only consideration, these media companies should take into account?
Your wrong in your assumptions I don't agree with many things in the pay TV industry , sadly as an individual there's very little I can do to change things.

I'm very much against the forthcoming Sky price increases and have already decided I'll leave call it my stance against above inflation increases. Sadly it will make little to no difference as many will just complain then do nothing and continue paying the huge amounts.

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What else can you expect from a companies who for many years kept mostly all the sports channels to itself until Ofcom intervened and in the last few years has increasingly signed exclusive much have content whether it be the deal with HBO which is mainly on its exclusive Sky Atlantic channel through to its exclusive ITV Encore deal and its huge boxed sets content which it has now and the only way you can see it generally is through their own platform unless you get Now TV and the quality of that is a lot to be desired.
However competition is the strongest its ever been.