View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 17:59   #20
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age
Re: Stupid, greedy, moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I am sorry you are having problems in your area but unless you can prove your statement to be true then you might want to re-think your thread title as it is possibly libellous.
You probably wouldn't like the word dodgy either so I will use the word incompetent instead.

VM need more watching than a cage full of monkeys, in the past I have had to get my bill corrected due to price creep, this taught me to keep a close eye on the billing in the future.
After getting 6 quids worth of free tickles before Christmas I checked my bill to make sure I wasn't being charged, I discovered that I had been overcharged 3 quid a month for some time due to price creep, retentions gave me a credit.
I then decided to go for the 100/10 tier for 10 quid a month extra, this time I was charged an additional 6 quid as well, they were charging me for the free tickles this time. Retentions removed the tickles and the bill became correct again.

Just over three weeks ago I turned on the computer to find that my perfect 100/10 connection had been capped at 100/2.7 Mb/s 24/7. Three super hubs and an engineer visit later I am still capped at 100/2.7 and I now see other 100 Mb users getting the same cap treatment.
Due to the total lack of communication between departments CS assume there is a problem and have you going through all the tests time and time again before they finally admit they have no idea what is wrong, I can understand CS not being told about the cap because, like me, most 100/10 users only upgraded for the benefit of the extra upload speed and being knowingly capped will cause us to direct our fury at CS rather than whoever is responsible, so we both go through the find the fault game.

People can say what they like about BT but in all the time I was with them my bill was always correct and when I left them I got two cheques through within three weeks for the monies owed due to paying for the services in advance, I have seen posts here where people have had to chase VM for months in order to get any overpayment back.
I only left BT because my ADSL speed could not go above 512/256 Kb/s but now that BT are getting their act together I will be leaving VM just as soon as FTTP is available here.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote