View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 14:33   #17
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
Re: Stupid, greedy, moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
I doubt its anywhere near tripling, I dont think they will even be doubling capacity, more like 50% increase (if that)
Well most areas had 4 D/S and 1 U/S and it's supposed to be going to 8+2 so if that's all that's done it's doubling. If they also split some nodes and add new ones then it could be tripling.

It's certainly what's needed with speeds as they are. Doubling speeds will probably lead to higher usage plus I'm guessing that VM hope less churn so more customers which will certainly increase usage.

The only problem as I see it is VM's poor record dealing with oversubscribed areas and refusal to grasp the nettle on network management to tackle abusers. As they sell unlimited of course you could argue that there are no abusers so VM should upgrade to make their capacity match their user demands but I can't see that happening.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote