View Single Post
Old 30-03-2008, 20:19   #70
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The hang up is that it is unprofessional to communicate such changes via text - I don't know how many more times I can say this and as I have already pointed out - its pointless sending out a letter, after they have sent the text, it's just a waste of paper and ink.
I accept that maybe they should have done it the other way round, and I shall mention that when I can so they look at it in future.

Quote:
They send out paper bills as I get one every month.
OK, I don't cos I'm on PAYG with them and as it is more like a PAYG SIM than a contract SIM i though it was the same.

Quote:
You are missing the point - No company who changes a massive aspect about their services, should be communicating this change via text and a rather vague one at that.
But the message also has a weblink in it, which has the details in full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
Do you think that's true in all cases?
Of course I don't but what else would you want Virgin to do? They have written to all customers (in two forms) and posted a website.

Physically phone up every customer and tell then? Then you would have people posting on here going "I've recieved a phone call of this bloke, is it genuine? I didn't give Virgin permission to phone me!"

At some point there has to be an expectation by a company that customers are going to read what they send them
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote