View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 17:33   #71
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: KILL unwanted or disabled babies at birth as they are not a real person'

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
There is another question which i feel is being forgotten .Is it ethically responsible to 'force life' on a severely disabled baby ?.A woman can have a late abortion(after 24weeks) stating severe disability as the reason which most find acceptible so should we force such a child to live?
The potential for life is there ,no question about that but what quality of life is there ?and should we concider that much more than we do at the moment ?.The answer to all those questions depends greatly on the severity of the disability but when should society deem a disability is severe enough to not have any or very little quality of life
The answer to that question is, in my opinion, up to the parents. I think it is good the option is there, but no-one should be forced either way. Having said that, if you're going to have an abortion, then it should be done as early as possible.