View Single Post
Old 20-05-2006, 00:22   #2867
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy
Come on who has come throught their youth system in the last ten years, O'Shea who they keep trying to sell, Brown who is always injured and Fletcher who they don't like and whilst I agree that the money Chelsea spend is crass I feel there is more than a little of a pot calling kettle black situation going on.
And I feel there's more than a degree of the usual anti-United bias going on! You can't compare United now to the team of the 90s, when the youth policy was more evident (even if you decide to 'forget' Rossi, Bardsley, Eagles, Fletcher etc who are all showing signs of becoming quality players). Our reign then was based on the younger guys alongside the experience of the old guard. Chelsea's success is based on Roman's chequebook.

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
no buts because your manager needed years to make the most of them, to me that makes mourinho a better manager then fergie quite simple.

When Jose has acheived half of what SAF has done in the premiership THEN come back and you might have more success with that one!

Did anyone see the double going to Chelsea? Twice? The treble even?

edit: me and the scouse agreeing so often is NOT good for my image

Vote #AnyoneButTory