View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 18:34   #8
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age
Re: Technology in Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
So why o why is this not brought into the game of footballââ‚à ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã ¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚¦th e game if full of cheats diving all over the play or holding the head as if they had been punched !!!
because it would quite possibly end up like american football, where a 60 mnute game ends up taking 4 hours!

video footage is still quite subjective when it comes to some fouls etc. i can see a good case for testing whether the ball is over the line (whatever line that may be) but otherwise i think it'd interrupt the game too much.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

also i think football can take something from rugby, in that arguing with the referee should not be tolerated in any shape or form.
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote