Thread: Cricket to Sky
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2005, 13:14   #9
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: Cricket to Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymt
You probably already know this, but the 5th ashes test at the Oval is the last home English match you will ever watch if you dont have sky.

As from 2006-2009, sky have rights to all cricket hosted on english soil.
Channnel 5 have bought rights for a highlites package. The team of Tony Greig, Michael Atherton, Slater, Beneud etc.... will close.

Now over with the facts. Here's my opinion:

That is complete bull. Cricket is just becoming really popular with the brits, and wat do they do? move it to sky. I will never have sky, because its just too damn expensive, especially the sky sports package.

Why would they do that?? Its partly the fault of the ppl who run and manage tv in general, but i must also lay a fat finger on channel 4.
Wat do u guys think? I love my cricket, but it will be no more for me after this test match.
How long will it be til all sports go to sky? world cup, wimbledon etc...
Why is it the last home match ever? Why couldn't one of the terrestrial channels get it back in 5 years?

Also, it's not got a lot to do with Channel 4 either - they made an offer, but were outbid by Sky, who can afford to offer more. Simple economics really.

Oh, and Sky aren't allowed to have to World Cup - I can't remember what they are called, but there are certain events (such as the World Cup and the Olympics) that have to be shown on terrestrial telly.

Anyway, why can't you just go down the pub and watch stuff
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote