View Single Post
Old 25-05-2005, 18:55   #26
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Up the 'pool, I say. They cheered us on on Saturday so I'm going for a nailbiting 120 minutes of defensive brilliance followed by penalties, with Gerrard getting the winner.
Defensive brilliance, don't make me laugh. You would not recognise it if it bit you on the leg. If Wengers tactics were defensive then Arsenal failed miserably in comparison to Liverpool.
If you set out to play 4-5-1 or even 4-6-0 as Arsenal did for long periods, and your opponents get 8 clear cut chances and a corner count of 12 to 1, then you have put up an awful defensive performance. The one and only reason that the game went to penalties was down to United's inabilty to score, it had nothing at all to do with the scared, ineffective performance from Arsenal over the whole of the 120 minutes of 'real football'.

When Liverpool played Chelsea in the Semi final 2nd leg, Chelsea had only one decent chance throughout the game, and that was in the dying minutes, now that was 'defensive brilliance'

Come on Liverpool.