View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 18:07   #2
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: ethernet connection is not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerenus
i am using usb connection
before i use the ethernet connection, with windows xp home edition( this came with the computer i don't have a cd of this operating system) , but internet was worked
when i install the windows xp proffessional (becuase i like to use it)
it delete the home edition and reinstall with proffesional
when i connect to the internet using etherent, it didn't work, so i tried to repaired the local area connection , but thats not worked too. it says "the following steps of the operation failed: renewing the ip address. please contact your network administrator or ISP"
i tried to renew the ip using cmd.exe it says "an error occured while renewing interface local area connection : unable to contact your dhcp server."

please help me out of this problem
thanks
I had the exact same error message when my ethernet to usb adaptor went belly up yesterday. I uninstalled the driver (in your case uninstall the ethernet card driver I suppose) and re-install it.....worth a try.