View Single Post
Old 18-01-2005, 09:53   #15
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Wireless Router - STB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_580
I use the Linksys WRT54GS, its the worst piece of junk i've ever owned. I had 2 PC's connected to it, one was hard wired and the other was wireless. The wireless one was only in the next room but it was persitently diconnecting and reconnecting. The Linksys support is worse than useless, all they get you to do is keep changing frequency until you give up the will to live. The only way i managed to resolve this was to hard wire both PC's which defeats the object of having a wireless router.

My advice would be to avoid Linksys. You dont have to google very much to see that there are many many cases of this same issue.
Had exactly the same problem with this router.

Phoned Linksys Support, moved the frequency to the one which was furthest from default, problem solved.
Wireless devices will (and have to) accept interference from other wireless devices. Sometime a bit of fiddling is necessary.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote