Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2024, 19:39   #824
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Doctor Who

I watched Space Babies last night and saved The Devil’s Chord for this evening. The one thing the two episodes had in common for me is that I grinned like an infant throughout them both. Whatever it is RTD is doing with it, it’s really rather good. In the past the show has had definite ‘eras’ - you can detect a distinct vein of gothic horror running through mid-Tom Baker for example. This present version of the show is leaning towards science fantasy with a definite fairytale influence. I can see it’s going to really annoy hardcore fans who still think everything should be judged against Genesis of the Daleks but I think Davies has pitched it well for the modern audience, especially as Disney’s involvement guarantees it a bigger international reach.

And I absolutely loved that they did the Austin Powers ending. Magical.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote