View Single Post
Old 10-05-2024, 20:58   #6521
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Just take half a tea spoon of bi carb in half a cup of water or very weak orange squash.
I was warned off Bicarb decades ago due to the sodium (salt) content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
But if it's a big problem, see your GP and get it looked at. Maybe need prescription meds such as Omeprazole or something. But again if it's problem, get it seen to.
I have Omeprazole as required on an open prescription, but I only take a dose once or twice every few months. The GP prefers that I occasionally take a Calcium antacid as required, with Omeprazole the next day if acid reflux continues. Plus is it a useful source of calcium as I rarely consume any dairy products.

My wife has to take daily aspirin to thin her blood, so had omeprazole to counteract its effects on stomach acid. After many years dosing with it, she broke her arm at the beginning of COVID, and tests showed that she has low bone density. This rang bells, as omeprazole is thought to reduce calcium, increasing the risk of bone density dropping. So she had to take Calci-D to increase her calcium levels. Even that almost totally vanished from stocks due to companies not being able to source Calcium Carbonate.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
New shape Renault Clio MediaNav tce, in black.
My 2019 Dacia Logan 2 has Renault's 0.9 TCe engine. It's quite pokey around urban areas. I only get about 33mpg though, due to mostly being stuck in 3rd gear in the blanket 20mph area we live in.
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote