View Single Post
Old 07-05-2024, 11:20   #14958
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
That's brilliant and for me it gives me optimism as well as hope. As I will be going through it all soon as my kidneys (Polycystic) are now struggling and there's already talks about what to expect in the very near future. I've gone from yearly consultant appointments and now down to every 2 months. And now feeling the effects too.

But I'm really please for you as I've watched my late father go through it all as well so I know it's not an easy ride. My father also spoke of the person from which he received his kidney from, it's a bittersweet feeling, it is sad but he was all so grateful.

Thanks for the update.
Thank and hopefully you'll not be too long. I went through kidney failure for 6 years. At first a slow decline and talk was transplant in 15-20 years to 6 months later transplant withing 5 year. eGFR pf 54 to 23 in just a few months. Checks were every 4 weeks by that point. Symptoms hit me heard as I dropped function so quickly. Before I knew what was up, I was so tired and was even falling asleep at work almost every day.

Just over two years on peritoneal dialysis. And just under three years on the transplant waiting list. Transplant completed on second call a week after the first failed attempt as the pancreas weren't good enough.

Fingers crossed for you.