View Single Post
Old 24-03-2024, 18:48   #111
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?

Last week I had a daily call trying to get me to swap for a smart meter.

The first was an Indian chap with an accent so thick that I could only understand the occasional word. "No thanks".

Then a guy asking me to arrange a date and time. "No thanks".

The third told me they would be coming the following week. "No thanks".

Number 4 told me that the meter was out of calibration. "No thanks".

Then on Friday I was told that they had a legal obligation to change the meter as it was "15 years old". In fact it was replaced 8 years ago, with another analogue one, as I had insisted.

The big guns came out of Saturday morning:

"Under the Acts and Article 6 ECHR, access is reasonably required to replace the meter. Our technician will attend to replace the meter, and will show the warrant and leave a copy for your own records. Your home will be without power for approximately 3 hours. If you have sensitive items in refrigerators or freezers, do not open them during the disconnection. If you have a need for an electricity supply for medical equipment, a portable generator will be made available. Please note that Gas Central Heating will not operate without an electrical supply".

I requested another analogue meter only to be told "We don't have any".

It seems I'm stuffed then.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote