View Single Post
Old 16-02-2024, 17:53   #265
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Online Safety Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Channel 5 had an item on the Jeremy Vain programme earlier about bereaved parents joining forces against online harm. It's shocking that online bullies have been allowed to bully both children and adults with their relentless harrassment that is purposely designed to belittle, upset and humiliate to the point of suicide.

Apparently, this is the subject of a current storyline in Coronation Street.
Before it was on line it was in the school yard or at work, they never managed to stop it there when they could see it going on, so how will this magic process work when they already know it can be circumnavigated by even the least technology minded user who just gets a vpn or buys a phone on ebay and swaps the sim in the "child phone" into the "adult phone". Lets face it phone companies will not make special phone for this they will just sell the same phone with different firmware and call it a "child phone". There could even be a blackmarket of "Adult phones for sale in school playgrounds by the local money savey kids .Then the child will go to a pc search for "how to route my child phone and update with adult firmware. I have a grandson who would be able to do that even if he is 8 years old. He's a clever lad already

My point is you put a child phone in the hands of a child and they will see it as a challenge to upgrade it.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote