View Single Post
Old 11-02-2024, 16:11   #2709
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Russia has invaded Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Oh I’ll say that America will have been somewhere in the background pulling the strings of the Maidan revolution. It’s not particularly distasteful, and naive in the extreme to think they wouldn’t be.

I’m not really sure your issue with Russia’s security interests unless your contention is that only America has the right to topple democracies around the world and Russia, China and other interested parties should simply tolerate it.
I think everyone’s should take issue with Russia’s security interests following Putin’s lecture at Tucker Carlson this week. It’s plain naive even to use the phrase ‘security interests’ and assume everyone uses it in the same way. Security interests within a general acceptance of the world’s international security architecture and legal definition of nation states is one thing, Russia’s self image as eternal and unbounded should be deeply troubling and chilling to anyone who bothers to listen.

Here’s a (lengthy) discussion on what Putin actually thinks about Russia and the world based on that interview, from an actual historian. Well worth the 10-15 minute read.

https://snyder.substack.com/p/putins...=true&r=1tgh1t
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote