View Single Post
Old 11-02-2024, 15:42   #2708
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Russia has invaded Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You’ll never get him to state it explicitly. I think he knows how distasteful such a statement would be. Pretty much as impolite as opining on Russia’s ‘legitimate security interests’. But I’ve long concluded that this is exactly what he thinks.

Bear in mind that Russia’s propaganda effort has been extensive amongst the Nat movement here in Scotland. It’s no accident that they had a propaganda news agency (called ‘Sputnik’) in Edinburgh, and our former first minister presenting a show on Russia Today, a channel now banned in the UK and across the EU. It’s part of the same campaign that has convinced MAGA republicans that cheering for Putin is somehow patriotic and makes Tucker Carlson think he’s an ace reporter for letting Putin lecture him on (bad) middle school history live on Xitter.
Oh I’ll say that America will have been somewhere in the background pulling the strings of the Maidan revolution. It’s not particularly distasteful, and naive in the extreme to think they wouldn’t be.

I’m not really sure your issue with Russia’s security interests unless your contention is that only America has the right to topple democracies around the world and Russia, China and other interested parties should simply tolerate it.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote