View Single Post
Old 14-01-2024, 11:12   #6145
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: The what are you drinking now?

When Wales copied Scotland's Minimum Unit Pricing for alcohol, it was expected that England would soon follow. But Rishi & Co. decided to do so in a more underhand way by announcing alcohol excise rates to rise "in stages". That added extra costs to wines especially.

Despite a huge wine glut in Australia, many exporters decided to drop the alcohol content to maintain a "price point" in UK shops.

The 2 wines I have enjoyed for a couple of years dropped from 13.5% to 11%, whilst keeping the same price, changing their taste to undrinkable.

I tried a few others, but they soon either disappeared or also dropped in alcohol content and flavour.

So it's back to beer for me after not touching a single drop for several years.

The high alpha over-hopped craft beers do not suit me at all, and all the UK brewed ales are at stupid prices, so I have returned to Polish Karpackie.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote