View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 09:33   #58
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: AM Radio fading into history

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The phrase "listen on their phones" when I see it is usually used when talking about an internet connection. But given many phones have an FM tuner in them it's not actually as useful a shorthand as it may first seem.

For example, I only listen to live radio on the FM tuner on my mobile. I do listen to other things but those are predownloaded before I leave the house.

And I still listen to Radio 1 occasionally, I'm not that old.
Come to think of it, how many times do you hear the BBC promoting their DAB services now? All the adverts seem to say is “listen on BBC Sounds”. They also quite happily “dumped” a lot of their Radio 3 FM listeners in Wales in order to all but shut Radio Wales AM services.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote