View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 19:11   #1527
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The threat was there, and others have been cancelled.
Link
People are having to self-censor. Are you saying that if you or I wanted to write a book, we wouldn't have to self-censor?
Link

So how many instances are there, where the cancellers properly explain their position? Eg My JK Rowling and Hachette example, simply being "upset" and disagreeing with an opinion, ISN'T a proper explanation and proof of their position being right.
Again, you fail to address the questions with tangential questions and links.

1. No evidence of books being cancelled. Hachette has not cancelled any of Rowling's books. Some staff may not like them but they're still published. We need to look at what's actually happening as oppose to imagining some kind of scifi world where these things might happen..

2. Your statement "As opposed to the current system of "I don't like it, so you're not allowed to say it, no matter how true it is."
Again, no evidence that this is the current system. If there's a market and funding for content we'll hear it, from Nigel Farage to James O'Brien.

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
So how many instances are there, where the cancellers properly explain their position? Eg My JK Rowling and Hachette example, simply being "upset" and disagreeing with an opinion, ISN'T a proper explanation and proof of their position being right.
J K Rowling's book was not cancelled by Hachette.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote