Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2021, 14:52   #824
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I haven’t seen those figures, everything I’ve seen is around 60% for two and above 75% for three.

And there is still precious little data here on severity of illness.
Jfman knows better than the WHO when it comes to discussing vaccine efficacy and prefers to discuss efficacy in his own terms. I guess he’s just a glass half empty sort of guy.

Meanwhile, according to the explainer here …

https://www.who.int/news-room/featur...and-protection

… efficacy is a vaccine’s ability to prevent development of disease, which in this case is Covid-19, and not its ability to eliminate detectable infection, in this case of the virus designated SARS-CoV-2.

According to that globally-accepted definition, we can indeed discuss Oxford/Astra, Pfizer, Moderna and the rest in terms of their ability to prevent people getting sick, and by that measure the statistics you quoted are the ones that apply.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote