View Single Post
Old 30-07-2021, 19:35   #223
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I find dipping into a streaming service for a month then cancelling is enough to allow me to watch everything I want to on each service. I signed up to Starzplay for a month, watched Mr Mercedes (outstanding), High Fidelity and The Act (both very good) and Castle Rock (not too bad) then cancelled. Not bad value for £4.99.
I'll sign up for another month of Apple TV+ if Foundation turns out to be as good as the trailer suggests but I'll wait until the whole of season 1 is available. Will watch s2 of The Morning Show that month, too. But won't hang around.
I recently cancelled Now as there's nothing on Sky Atlantic I'm interested in and won't be until Succession returns. With Disney+ I'm watching Loki and Wandavision then I'm out for a while. Don't have Prime at the moment but will sign up if they have anything of interest.
I like this new "in for a month" model (I have a Roku streamer). Only Virgin's Oomph channels and Netflix are permanent for me and that's because the whole family use them. The former will be reviewed when our 18-month deal expires next January. Netflix still has the only compelling content.
That sounds a sensible approach, and this is what I mean when I say that the streamers can save you money.

The approach some take is to subscribe to them all at the same time and then complain about how expensive it is.

One qualification I always make these days is that sport can get rather expensive and I hope that will sort itself out before too much longer.