View Single Post
Old 25-02-2021, 19:30   #35
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Sky Cinema and Entertainment UHD to launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Sky customers have to pay extra for UHD so why shouldn't VM customers?

Of course it is your choice.
Well, that goes without saying!

It doesn’t change the fact that it is an exorbitant charge for what it is.

The ‘additional content’ going onto the on demand system is all stuff that has been shown on live TV already, so the programmes that are worth watching have already been watched or are recorded in this house.

So it’s really £6 just for UHD as far as I am concerned. Fortunately the pictures are upscaled to near-UHD already on my equipment, so I can live without it.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Have I got this correct.

Those that take the Ultimate Oomph package now pay £139 (forget the cheaper price for now) with no price rise added and Sky UHD included.

Those already on Ultimate Oomph package pay £139 plus £4 price rise plus £6 Sky UHD.
When the issues on the 360 software are sorted, I will inquire as to whether I can have the Ultimate Oomph with Sky UHD included for about £100. With luck, given that I would be adopting the new software, a deal will be there to be had. If so, I’ll go for it then.