View Single Post
Old 30-11-2020, 22:46   #1581
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Can you source where I’ve said this? I’m fairly agnostic towards the technology as I’m not pushing an agenda in the sense that you are. So it doesn’t sound like the kind of thing I’d say.

I know you’ve persistently struggled to address the actual points I’ve made so it suits you to misrepresent them. Especially if your next goalpost shift is to pretend you didn’t mean scheduled, linear television at all and you meant DTT.
So if you are now denying that you ever suggested the TV channels could survive with very little funding? Who’s really changing the goalposts here?

The reason I mentioned DTT channels is simply that I think the pay TV channels will go first.

I have always addressed your points, jfman, the problem is you are not listening.

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
My dear chap at lot more than you will ever know about contracts i told you already that Channel 4 have a plan for at least 20 years on traditional broadcast platforms which part of that do you not understand?
The way people watch tv is certainly changing no-one has ever disputed that but traditional broadcast tv is not going anywhere, did you know that in 2017 there was a proposal for Channel 6 from Comcast? Neither did i until i looked through old documents today as we all know Comcast went on to buy SKY last year instead.
But, Legendkiller, as your very example shows, plans change. And where do you think Comcast is going now? OTT, of course. You will see this play out over time.