View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 10:15   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
A massive global news operation, six national radio stations, 40 stations serving the regions and nations, 8 national tv channels with a legal obligation to serve the broadest possible range of interests, and the ability to produce some of the most watched content on British TV, live, in house, week after week for months at a time* ... I’m sorry but you’re talking out of your hat. I’m a big Netflix fan and I watch a lot of it, but it doesn’t come close to the depth and breadth of service funded by the tv licence. As per, you’re projecting your own particular needs and tastes onto the population at large. Just because it works for OLD BOY, it doesn’t mean it works for everyone.

*Strictly Come Dancing, in case you were wondering
I can watch Sky News, ITV News or any number of other news channels, and more are coming. ITV News does regional news. Sky, Discovery and increasingly, the streamers do documentaries, nature, music and arts programmes, etc. By the ‘most watched content’ I presume you are referring to repeats, one of the principal complaints made against the BBC.

If people want to watch BBC services they can pay for it, but don’t expect those who don’t want it to pay for it. Maybe they are trying to do too much, but they have managed to annoy a lot of people in recent times. They are wasteful with the considerable budgets they are given and they are getting far too ‘politically correct’ for my liking - I know I am not alone in thinking that.

A subscription model would sort all of this out.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote