View Single Post
Old 27-10-2020, 16:58   #10151
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

What is the point in posting a link to an article that wants me to subscribe to read it?

As bad as PPV itself!

Having read an alternative article, it appears Sky/BT are happy to see the fee reduced or scrapped altogether.

A meeting of EPL clubs (presumably by zoom) today is likely to discuss options.

Ashley (Newcastle) suggests £4.95 per game others £9.95 per game.

Apparently, when the £14.95 was set it was that or games not on TV.

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
For the loose change it is to Sky/BT I can’t see the league upsetting their customers.

Why would Sky/BT pay more? Judging by what happened at end of 19/20 season they will be looking for refunds as the customer experience is not what they contracted for.

I would have thought the only way to avoid refunds would be to split the games between BT/Sky and have them free to the customer.

Of course, what clubs really want is fans back in stadia (even 30% capacity would be a start), many have already done planning how this can be achieved safely.

Perhaps EPL should say they won't entertain bailing out the other league clubs until they see progress in getting fans back.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote