View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 11:48   #3251
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't have to as I'm not making the case for independence. I believe Scotland is better off in both Unions but I don't live there so it's not my decision.

I also need to point out that Nomad King says the figure in question is not £25bn but £12bn and I believe others believe it's even lower.

I'm pointing out that people are allowed to make emotional decisions that might make them financially worse off as they feel the other benefits outweigh the costs. As a Brexiter, I'm surprised that you don't feel at least some empathy with this argument.
First, you gratuitously brought in Dido and Cummings.
That is going to extremes. I know what you mean but the comment makes no valid point.

On your Brexiter point, I hope it is not sincerely intended. Scotland is constitutionally part of an integrated national entity and if Scotland wants to be financially better off (earning it, of course), then:

1/
In the realms of the bleedin' obvious, the £25 billion or whatever sum needs to be found from Scottish resources.

2/
There is a negotiation to be had at UK level as to investment in Scotland. Of course that needs to be equitable with the rest of the UK.

The above said, we are a democracy and if Scotland wants to leave the UK, then please go and sod 'em.

The problem with your arguments is that you put up straw men you don't believe in. Somewhat jfman-esque!

My advice is at your risk.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 24-08-2020 at 11:52.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote