View Single Post
Old 13-04-2020, 17:00   #7625
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It is not so noticeable on smaller screens. I think also some people do not have the picture settings properly set up.
I still wonder how many think having an HD capable screen is them watching it in HD. Some won't realise they need to tune to an HD channel too. HD swaps and increasingly capable First Time Set-up routines will have decreased this but some just aren't bother, or familiar, with what's available/possible on the equipment they own. And HD scaling technology has improved too, so some SD channels look surprisingly good.

Relatives of mine have an LCD TV from the era where digital tuners weren't standard and it's 26". They aren't bothered that much by size (neither am I for that matter) but only with this lockdown have they really looked outside their usual limited channel choice. They've had an HD Freesat box since before switchover (I advised it, they probably would've had an SD Freeview box otherwise) and barely watched anything outside BBC and STV. Now they are looking further down the channel guide and using the streaming box I fortunately gave them a year or so ago, so they've had plenty more to distract them in these difficult times. I'm getting off topic here...I still don't think they are fussed with HD but the apps, now they are now finally exploring, are much more important. They haven't got duff eyesight, as they've commented on the picture quality on our TV when they've visited (in the past), they just haven't been bothered about seeking it out at home.

Our newest TV was excellent with default settings out of the box. I'd imagine it doesn't occur to many that they may need to.