View Single Post
Old 15-12-2004, 16:45   #5
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star
Re: No terrestial Cricket coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Whilst I have not much time for Murdoch et al, The only decent cricket coverage in the past five years has come from Sky. The BBC never did show ball by ball coverage, it was interrupted by the news or Wimbledon or whatever. C4 force you to have digital and view via Film4 a lot of the time when horse racing is on if you want to watch the whole match and if play is running late then tough, you miss the end.
I am a keen cricket fan, a TMS nut who listens to the radio whilst watching the TV.
Sky have had their "mucky hands" on cricket for a long time, the BBC, and to a lesser degree C4 have virtually no interest in overseas tours which have been shown on Sky for years.
I would not buy the Sun or the Times because of my feelings about Murdoch but in this instance Sky is the best bet for ball by ball viewing.
I have only ever watched the Sky coverage for short periods in the pub or other peoples houses, so I can't really compare with the old BBC coverage but I take your point about the interruptions. (I thought C4 extended coverage to end of play once or twice last year)

I will have to make do with listening to TMS and checking the scores on Cricinfo when this starts.

Luckily I should be able to see some of the Sky coverage on Friday , so I hope we win the toss and post a decent score. Always good to dominate the first day of a series .
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote