View Single Post
Old 20-05-2019, 17:10   #812
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Where did I say there were no quality programmes on linear TV? You twist everything I say. If you look back just a few posts ago, I gave examples of quality on linear TV - Victoria, Line of Duty and Bodyguard. I said there was a diminishing amount of it on pay tv.

It is clear to me and many others that there are plenty of quality shows on streaming services. These are on the increase, while linear TV shows (with the notable exception of BBC and ITV, whose shows will soon be on Britbox) are declining.

Whether you like it or not, I'm just pointing out what's happening, not whether it is good or bad.

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Chernobyl, Blue Bloods and Riviera are all Sky Atlantic programmes, not available on VM (yet). Modern Family and Arrow appeal to a certain audience - no-one I know watches them. I think these are aimed at a much younger audience.

I haven't watched The Rookie or SEALTeam yet so I can't pass judgement on them, but really, is that the best we can come up with? Do you really think those few shows are worth over 50 quid a month? Look what you get on Netflix for a tenner! There's no comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Except he didn't, and he can't.

I, however, can give you a huge list of stuff on Netflix at a fraction of the price Sky charges.
Go ahead do enlighten us with your list.